Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

37 Week Office Visit


Yesterday we had our 37 week office visit which started with my blood pressure reading 140/100 ... needless to say, not starting off too well. We were measuring on schedule and she still has a strong heartbeat. We are also progressing in dilation ... this week our midwife said we are more than 1, but not quite 2cm. They took my blood pressure again at the end of the visit and it was around 130/90 ... it was going down, but still borderline. They drew some blood, which all came back negative today. They also went ahead and took me out of work in order to make sure I could get my blood pressure down. My original last day before maternity leave was to be May 1, but they didn't want me going back this week.


Our next visit is 5/6 for 38 weeks

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Alissa said...

I didn't have high blood pressure, but was 1 cm at my 37 week appt and I went into labor that night. Are you effaced at all? I was 75% in the office and 100% when I got to the hospital...That's usually what takes so long. Good luck..we'll be thinking about you!!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

If you ever want to talk about pregnancy bp and symptoms/signs of pre-e...let me know--if there's one thing I know, it's ALL about that. (you'll be just fine I know!) :-)