Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Ella's 5K


So I'm not sure if you all remember Meredith Emerson, but shes the young lady that went missing on January 1, 2008 and found murdered on January 7, 2008. We'll her story really touched us and we've have been active with
Right to Hike since they started up in her honor. Meredith loved hiking and being outdoors ... she adopted a black lab, Ella and took her everywhere. One of Right to Hike's big events each year is the Ella 5K and Mile Fun Run in Buford. Ed and I, while pregnant with Miss Katherine, participated in the 5K last year with Buddy and Rylee. They really encourage you to bring your dogs along for the run. While I was not going for the best time we still had a great time! We've decided that this will be our annual family 5K .. its local and for a great cause!

On 10/10/2009 they held the 2nd Ella 5K and Mile Fun Run. We wanted to include Miss Katerine again which meant no running for me :). Katherine, Aunt Bridget and I complete the Mile Fun Run while Ed complete the 5K. I have to say that I'm very proud of him for actually running it this year! Since we had the dogs with us last year it was more of a walk/run and we didn't finish with the best times. His time last year was 43:25 and this year his time was 29:55!! He said that having his iPod really helped him push through it! We were all at the finish line cheering him on!

My goal for next year is to actually get out there and run it myself! I've got some training to do before then :) .. we might even need a jogging stroller at that time! Hope you enjoy these few photos from this year!

Mommy, Daddy and Katherine just before the start of the race.


Mommy, Aunt Bridget and Katherine


Miss Katherine playing with the pumpkin


Someone looks a little worn out!


Here comes Daddy with a time of 29:55!! If you look hard enough you can see that I caught him in mid air! We were so proud of him!


No comments: